Monday, March 06, 2006

Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, It's Back to Work I Go

My nine days of no school-related work has come to an end. I have already looked at the calendar, and there are 7 weeks until another break.

I really enjoyed my time off even though I didn't do much. I ate out too many times to tell about and now those few pounds that I had shed have rejoined my body along with a few of their friends. Now I have six weeks to shed them. We are going to Arkansas in six weeks for a coaching clinic and to visit some friends. Now you know my reasoning behind that.

Anyway.............

I know this may sound like I am a terrible mother, but I was glad that Reid went with my parents. I got to spend a lot of time with only Layne and it was wonderful. He is so funny! He has always been my baby. That goes back to when he was born. His daddy had kidney surgery and was pretty much out of it for the first two weeks of his life so I was the ONLY one who fed, held, and cared for him. Naturally, he would be attached to me. While Layne took naps daily (by they way, you can tell him to get his blanket and go to bed and he will as long as Reid is not around), I worked with Landon on sitting up and holding his bottle. I'll put it like this.....Landon is fat and lazy. He will not hold his bottle and if he doesn't feel like it, will not sit up. He will be 7 months tomorrow! The one thing he will do is jump! He loves his jumperoo! When you have three small children that need you constantly it is hard to really spend time with all of them. Having one less child around to need mommy makes life easier. I was glad when Reid came home, but he was not. We are having a really rough time with him right now. I hope it is just a phase. That is another long blog, though.

To sum up, I had a great week off and I am looking forward to the next. In the meantime, I have so many things to blog about I may not get work done!

No comments: