Wednesday, August 05, 2009

AGAIN?!?!

As if having the stomach virus wasn't enough for one week, I woke up this morning feeling like I had two bowling balls in my throat. Being the person that I am, I wasn't going to the doctor. But I soon changed my mind. The "BIG WEEKEND" is approaching. That's right...The Coats Family Reunion. The one that I helped set up. Not only that, but it hurts soooo bad!

So, I run through the shower, get Layne awake, get everyone dressed and we head to Fast Trac, the minor emergency clinic. I do not have a family practice doctor. The boys have a pediatrician and I have an OB/GYN. No family doctor for things like this. Get to the clinic at 11:18. Guess what??? They stop seeing patients at 11:15 and will not open again until tomorrow. I wanted to just stand there and cry.

Not knowing what to do, I do the only other thing and called Ritchie. He had not gotten my text and had no idea what I was talking about when I called. He came in like an angel. Got on the phone and got an appointment with Dr. Quiring at 2:00. By the time I left his office, I had been given a shot, a sample of meds to take before bedtime to help with the drainage, and a faxed-in prescription for an antibiotic. Best of all, now I have a family doctor I can call.

No comments: