Today is Landon's birthday. He shares his day with my favorite Aunt Libby. Happy Birthday, Anut Libby! We love you and were so glad you came by for a visit this weekend.
So, my baby is 3 years old! It is hard to believe! His birth day went like this:
It was Sunday, so we got up and went to church as usual. Nothing out of the ordinary. The next day was the teacher's first day back to work and Landon wasn't due until the 1st day of school. I was hoping my water would break with him, just like it did with Reid and I would miss all of the boring beginning of school workshops. I was HOT, just like I had been all summer, standing outside of the church talking to friends. I just didn't feel very good, but who does when you are that big and are already chasing a 3 year old and a 17 month old? Someone even said to me that I didn't look like I felt very good.
We went on to Timpson to eat Mexican food--just the 4 of us. After I got through eating, I felt worse. I told Ritchie right there, "This baby is coming today. Keep your phone on you constantly when you go to the field today." He responded with one of those looks that said "whatever". He didn't believe me.
When we got home we ran through our usual after-church routine and he went to work. Again, I reminded him to KEEP THAT PHONE ON. A couple of hours passed and just after 4:00 I got up to empty the dishwasher. Just as I started putting the silverware away, I felt a familiar warmth run down my leg. I was so happy!!!! I called Ritchie and as soon as he answered I told him that it was time and didn't I tell him this baby was coming today?? I then called Susan and she and Wes came to get the boys to take to her house to stay until we got home from the hospital.
We got settled in at the hospital close to 5:00. My doctor was in Birmingham for the weekend, so I had Dr. Haskins, who is the cousin of the p.e. teacher in Garrison. We had never met, but talked for a long time about all the people we both knew and football. We parted our ways and I continued on with my labor. Things progressed fairly quickly and before I knew it, I was in terrible pain. I told Ritchie to run and get the nurse because Landon was coming--RIGHT AT THAT MOMENT. When the nurse came in she agreed that he was on his way and absolutely, under no circumstances was I to push. Is she crazy??? It was forever before Dr. Haskins came in and as soon as he hit the doorway, I pushed. Landon Britt was born at 7:51 p.m.
He wasn't an easy baby like Reid and Layne. He cried, and cried, and cried. And I cried, and cried, and cried. Ritchie was at football practice all the time and I was home taking care of three babies. It was hard! But extremely worth it! We love you, Landon and cherish every moment with you. You are hilarious and a beautiful boy! Happy 3rd birthday!
I could only find this newspaper clipping when I was looking for a newborn picture. I didn't want to drag everything out so this is the best I could do! Below I have added just a couple of my favorite pictures .

Landon eating watermelon for the first time.
Landon in the bluebonnets. He was so fat!
Landon at 2 years old.
Landon at 3 years old. So handsome!
No comments:
Post a Comment