Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Daddy

A daughter spends her whole life thinking her daddy hung the moon. Nothing can ever happen to him. Then one day, you are hitting 30, and you realize, something can happen. And in a hurry.

Growing up, my mom was the one always having surgeries or being sick. Routine things. She would get a cold, her ears were messed up, stomach bug. She has had major things in the last ten years, but always makes it through, for which I am so grateful! But Daddy...I don't remember him being sick very much. A few colds here and there. Definitely no stomach bug. I think he had some things when Scott was a baby or maybe before then (not really sure), but from my memory always healthy.

Top Ten Things About my Daddy:

#10. He was always a "nice guy". He has gotten more vocal as he has gotten older! HA HA HA!

#9. He was football player in high school and voted most handsome. I won't ever forget Linda Goolsby telling me how cute my daddy was!

#8. He was in the navy and served in Vietnam. I read a bunch of letters he sent from there.

#7. My daddy MUST HAVE an immaculate yard! Seriously. It's an obsession.

#6. My daddy always checks my blog, gets mad when nothing new is posted, and prints them out for my mom to read.

#5. He didn't finish college, but made a great life for all of us.

#4. Loves to turkey hunt. Loves to turkey hunt with Uncle John, specifically.

#3. He would occasionally take me to work with him and every time I heard "Baby's Got Her Blue Jeans On" it makes me think of riding in the truck with him.

#2. He can make a mean rum cake!

And the number one thing about MY daddy....drumroll, please....

#1. He loves me unconditionally.

I love you, daddy! Can't wait for you to be 100% again!

Now, he'll bring this to my mom and I will have to re-work my post on her! :)

1 comment:

McFarland Family said...

That is the sweetest thing EVER!! There is something between a daddy and his little girl just like there is something between a momma and her boys....life is so amazing!